The MS11 security bulletin announced for this “Patch Tuesday” is a very long list of patches affecting :
- Windows XP, 2003 Server, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, Server 2008 R2
- Internet Explorer (various versions)
- .NET Framework
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
- Microsoft Office (various versions)
- SQL Server (various versions)
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010
Microsoft always gives a severity to every patch they release. This time, 9 of the vulnerabilities have the severity Critical and 7 have the severity Important.
This severe categorization makes this patch day a very important event for all the users who use the software mentioned above.
We strongly advise IT administrators and home users to install these patches immediately as they become available.
Data Security Expert