As previously announced, we continue to improve the compatibility with Windows 8 of our products.
We have started yesterday the rollout of a new update for all our products in version 2013 which improves the compatibility with Windows 8 even more.
- Avira Free AntiVirus build 2890
- Avira AntiVirus Premium 2013 build 2890
- Avira Internet Security 2013 build 2890
Here’s an extract of the new features of this update:
- The popup with the warning displayed at the beginning of the Avira setup when running on Windows 8 has been removed
- Windows Defender is now deactivated on Windows 8 after Avira installation was successfully completed
- The products register and integrate with Windows 8 Action Center according to Microsoft’s requirements
- Avira application binary files are built with more security features enabled
- Product updates are now integrated into regular detection updates and all product update specific configuration options were removed
Please run a product update to get the latest version available. If you like to download the installation packages, you can find them on our website.